1. My ‘secret’ talent and passion is drawing! I did consider getting into animation but my love for psychology is far greater. Naturally, I’m not a very ‘wordy’ person and definitely convey myself better through my photos and drawings.
If you look really closely, you'll see the outline of Buzzlighter from the next page!
Drawing calms me like how baking calms me down!
2. I’m 5 ft 10 inches tall. Yes, that’s pretty darn tall for an Asian. Heck! It’s pretty darn tall for a girl! My height used to be my vulnerability and throughout my whole high school life, I tried to look as short as I physically could (by slouching & hunching!). But now, I couldn’t be happier. And wearing heels make me feel like nothing’s impossible.
It's always easier to find me in crowds!
3. I was a pescetarian for 4 years and a vegetarian for a year.
4. I hate wearing jeans. There! I said it. I have two pairs of jeans sitting in my closet and they haven’t seen the sunlight in years.
5. I’ve visited every single Disneyland in the world including the Disney World in Orlando! And the ones in Hong Kong and Japan, twice! One of my life-long goal is to work for Disney and trust me, if I was offered a non-paying job to sell popcorns, you won’t hear me saying ‘No’. And when I was considering animation, I had only one employer in mind. Yes, Disney!
Side note: Goofy’s my favourite Disney character and I’ve always wanted to be Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty! Who wouldn’t want a magical blue/pink dress right?
Ironically, Snow White is my least favourite Disney princess!
6. As of today, I’ve been to 35 different countries and 54% of them lie in the alluring continent of Europe. I have set foot on some countries more than once but my record goes to Japan (Australia doesn’t count!). Honestly, I’ve lost count but I’m pretty certain that it’s more than 5. And speaking of Japan, I’m heading there during my mid-year break this year!
My Japanese host family's beautiful dining room.
7. I have a huge crush on Alan Rickman. Yup, that’s the Snape guy. Is that weird?
8. I’d rather watch movies with cars, superheroes and explosions than a romantic movie. Transformers and Underworld over any lovey-dovey stuff anytime! But I do have a soft spot for The Notebook.
That explains my favourite art model, Optimus Prime!
9. When my brother and I were younger, my parents would bring us golfing every Sunday. We even had our own golf clubs!
10. Someday in the future, I see myself opening a bakery. I even have the name, interior and menu all planned out in a book. So, one day if you come across ‘Miss Nectarine’, do remember to drop by and say hi!
Now, tell me something interesting about yourself!
And have a lovely Easter weekend!