Not even the pouring rain could stop me from getting there and on the dot at 8pm, my stomach gave a tiny growl...
The menu specially designed by 5 amazing Wellington chefs:
- Chef Terry Lowe
- Chef Shaun Clouston
- Chef Jacob Brown
- Chef Rex Morgan
- Chef Tom Hutchison
A wonderful, bustling ambience with friendly & cheery staffs!
Antipodes still water- The purest NZ water you can get!
Shared Tasting Plate
- Lot Eight Spiced Olives
- Manuka salt cured lamb shortloin with beetroot, walnut and white balsamic salsa
- Grilled Marlborough scallops, celeriac puree and pancetta crumbs
- Fried goat’s cheese balls with Manuka honey and Kiwi chutney
- Maple syrup smoked Regal King Salmon with horseradish creme fraiche and tiny capers
- Pig’s cheek ‘schnitzel’ with Roast Lemon Chutney, cornichons and cress
Horopito-seasoned beef with slow-roasted tomato, potato fondant and green beans
Cook Strait groper on lemon potato puree with baby herb salad and crispy fried white bait with preserved lemons
Whittaker’s Dark Chocolate pave with fresh raspberries, Manuka honey cream and damson plum coulis
And we finished off with a cup of Mojo coffee...
...with Whittaker's Milk Chocolate Block
I had a fantastic experience and thoroughly enjoyed every single dish. The highlight of the night was certainly the tasting plate- unforgettable and I would get a ticket just for that plate ;)
For those who are interested, WLG Pop Up will be here in Melbourne till the 27th of November 2011. Despite the sold out tickets, WLG welcomes walk-ins with open arms... You wouldn't want to wait a whole year before your next chance!